Re: [OM] (Fwd) Don't wash your camera

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Don't wash your camera
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:56:01 +0100
Yo,

on Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:01:44 EST, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>So, when he remarked that my weapon was in very nice shape, clean as a
>whistle, I said "thank you, sir, I've found that placing it on the top rack
>of my dishwasher does a fine job with no effort needed on my part."  He
>didn't know what to make of that, his expression went from blank, to shock,
>to nervous, and finally just grunted and went on to the next guy, still not
>knowing if I was serious, or just a smartass...

A friend of mine who is an army master sergeant tells me that for the
new weapons which have lots of polymer parts and therefore can't be
disassembled as far as the old ones (which we reserves still mainly
use) they actually use boiling water to clean them (put disassembled P
8 pistol in pot of boiling water, let it boil for a few minutes, put
on radiator to dry, oil - ready). NO joke, even though it does sound
like the recipe for some kind of salad!

MtFbwy,
Volkhart