Re: [OM] HTML in postings...? (a question from the list admin...)

Subject: Re: [OM] HTML in postings...? (a question from the list admin...)
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:32:37 -0800
T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I was wondering if the usage of HTML in postings is getting sufficiently
annoying to make majordomo automatically reject such postings? I could be
looking into these things, however I'd not do so without a
rough list consensus on this issue.

Short of excluding the postings altogether, you might look into a de-MIMEing filter. The Mailman server on which I admin several mailing lists has such a filter -- HTML and attachments are stripped from multipart/MIME messages, leaving only the plaintext version. I could put you in touch with the script's author if you'd like more info on it. It's extremely useful for digest readers especially, and be stripping everything but plain text it also makes the lists completely unable to transmit viruses.

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/