Re: [OM] HTML in postings...? (a question from the list admin...)

Subject: Re: [OM] HTML in postings...? (a question from the list admin...)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:01:31 +1200
Hi Thomas

Speaking as a digest-only reader, I find that sometimes the HTML posts
soak up far too much page-space.

It would be great if there were software used that could strip out HTML
versions of posts where no text version is available.

BTW, I use Pegasus e-mail program and have not yet seen any HTML
version of my postings generated anywhere. Pegasus (free) also has the
advantage that is seems to not attract virus writers like the versions of
Outlook do.

I think an FAQ would be too much work, and in my experience people don't
use them like you'd expect. It's a lot easier, and more fun / interactive to
ask
a current expert. But - if somebody wants to write one, go to it.

Brian