[OM] Intro for new member

Subject: [OM] Intro for new member
From: "Ron Ashford" <Ron.Ashford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:03:09 +1200
Hi Zuikos

I have been following the list for a few weeks and see that it is courteous
to introduce one's self.

Ron Ashford, 52 this year
Born and raised in Portland, Oregon, USA
Graduated Benson Polytechnic High School in 1968
    majored in Building Construction, minored in Photography
    Photo Editor for school newspaper and yearbook 1967 & 1968
Immigrated to New Zealand in 1974
Married with Meg, 4 children, youngest still at home in 4th form (14 years
old)
Vicar of St Peter's Church and Archdeacon of Wanganui (Anglican)

Camera History:
First owned (1966) a new Mamiya C3 with 105 lens, sold when left USA
Later bought a used rangfinder Nikon (1976-7?) (in NZ drugstore)
Traded this Nikon for a OM-1n in 1982 (still only camera body owned)
The OM-1n came with Soligor 37-105/3.5 macro and I purchased a new 28/2
Kiron and 'reverse ring' for close-ups (retail store in Portland on visit
'home')
This was my 'kit' for 20 years

Recently purchased:
Tokina 135/2.8 for $75NZD or $31.50USD (retail photoshop in NZ)
Zuiko 24/2.8 for $325NZD or $136.50USD (retail photoshop in NZ)
Zuiko 200/4 for $90NZD or $37.80USD (a pawnshop franchise in NZ)
Zuiko 35/2.8 for $65NZD or 27.30USD (a pawnshop franchise in NZ)
T-32 and Shoe 4 $115USD (Olympus list member)

Some of my photos can be seen on either:
www.Dunesvue.co.nz (Dunes Vue - our beach house we hire out WebPage)
www.SPC.org.nz (the St Peter's Church WebPage)
These photos mainly with Soligor and Kiron lens on OM-1n, newer Zuikos
photos when some time allows to scan.

Have really appreciated listening in to all the conversations, and have
gained some valuable information (and lots of goss!)

Ron Ashford
Wanganui, New Zealand