Re: [OM] HTML in postings, and other Digest gripes...

Subject: Re: [OM] HTML in postings, and other Digest gripes...
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:24:16 -0800
Donald MacDonald wrote:

However, this is as nothing to the posts which insist on including the
entire text of the message they are replying to. In some cases, these
messages include the entire thread from A to Z. If they also are posted in
HTML, they can constitute the entire Digest (this has happened).

I don't know if this is an available option for this list's server, but on the lists I admin, I have set the maximum message size to be less than half the size of the digest volume, e.g. if I send out a digest whenever the queue gets to 100k, than the largest individual message accepted is 50k. That won't stop people from quoting individual messages in their entirety, but it does stop people from quoting all, or most, of the digest.

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/