[OM] 300/4.5 and 65-116 auto tube: Anyone ever used this combo?

Subject: [OM] 300/4.5 and 65-116 auto tube: Anyone ever used this combo?
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:28:09 -0800 (PST)
I'm thinking of trying out a radical combination here,
a 300/4.5 and the 65-116 auto extension tube to try to
get some longer range macro shots. Has anyone used
this combo, and, if so, to what effect? I've tested
this without film and even though the viewfinder image
is really dark the fact that you can get shots
approaching 1:2 from several feet away seems
intriguing. (how far does the focusing helical on the
300 extend?)

Mark Lloyd