Re: [OM] still looking for body half of Olympus OM leather carrying cas

Subject: Re: [OM] still looking for body half of Olympus OM leather carrying case.
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:17:23 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:02, "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I am still trying to locate the bottom 1/2 of the Olympus OM leather camera
>case.  If you have an extra bottom, and would like to trade/ sell it, please
>let me know.

I must have missed your original message.  But can you tell us
again what kind of case you are looking for?  Olympus made
several different leather (n)ever-ready cases for the OM.  Some
are brown, some are black, some have smooth leather, some have
a pebbly texture.  Some have Olympus in raised plastic lettering
on the snout, some have Olympus embossed in the leather.

If you are only looking for the bottom, then there are those
that connect to the camera body via the tripot screw; while
others have a smooth bottom and have little leather straps for
the neck strap lugs of the body.

Unfortunately, all the top/bottom halves are not completely
interchangable.  Chances are you need a matched pair.  But the
more information you give us the better.  If I know what you are
looking for, I'll keep an eye out the next time I dig through
the "junk bin" at the store, where they frequently have odd
pieces of cases.