[OM] Oops - I did it again!

Subject: [OM] Oops - I did it again!
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:57:36 +0100
Hi there,

New family members also made their way into my OM inventory.

A 35/2, a 50/3.5 and a Winder 2. All mint and like new. Found them in a shop
nearby. Took the dealer one hell lot of time to figure out the price. He even
took Olympus' list of new and available items (I wonder whether that was
updated). Oh well, the price for the lenses is about 1.000 USD each, according
to the sales list. And the seller had this idea that 1/4 of the new price must
be the value of such mint items. However, I talked him down to a total of 3000
DKK for all 3 items, which is 355 USD.

Not quite a fang, but I guess it is a fair deal ;-)

The seller, Contrast Photo in Aalborg, also has an OM-4 left, apparently with
new circuits (makes non-interrupted beep on battery check) and in almost mint
condition (MD cap is missing). Don't know about his price, yet.

Now I am curious how the lenses perform. The 35/2 is quite a sharp lens, isn't
it? The 50/3.5 will be useful as a standard travel lens.

The new Winder 2 is MUCH quieter than the one I already have. Must have seen
much less use.

Thanks for letting me share my joy with you,

Bernd