[OM] Introduction

Subject: [OM] Introduction
From: "Keith Quarles" <kquarles@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:05:40 -0500
Since I've been lurking on the list a couple of weeks now,
I think it's time I announced my eBay auction . . . :-)

Oops.  Sorry.

Seriously, I am new to this list, and new to the OM system,
having bought someone's whole Olympus setup off of eBay recently.
I come to OM through a round-about route.  I am a long-time
Canon EOS user, and still love that system.  But I began
lamenting the weight of it all, especially since I mostly
use the heavy L zooms.

In search of lighter gear for more casual use, I got bit
by the rangefinder bug.  The introduction of the affordable
Cosina-Voigtlander lenses made it feasible for me to consider
Leica, and I now own an M4 and M6-TTL along with a
Voigtlander Bessa R.  (For some strange reason, I also picked
up a 1946 Leica IIIc and a Canon QL17).  The rangefinders
meet my needs for everyday photography well, but I also thought
it would be nice to have something light weight that can do the
things that SLRs are best at.  So I investigated the OM system
and, well, here I am.

I like this list and have picked up a quite a bit of useful
information in a very short time.  Thanks for providing the
forum.

I sent in my equipment list off-line, but people seem to be sharing
lately, so here's mine publicly (including non-Olympus):

Olympus:
  OM-4T Black
  24mm F/2.8
  50mm F/1.4
  100mm F/2.8
  35-70mm F4
  75-150mm F4
  F280 Flash

Rangefinder:
  Leica M4
  Leica M6TTL LHSA
  Voigtlander Bessa R
  Leica IIIc
  Canon QL17
  Voigtlander 15mm F/4.5
  Voigtlander 35mm F/1.7
  Voigtlander 50mm F/1.5
  Voigtlander 75mm F/2.5
  Leica MR-4 Meter
  Voigtlander VC Meter
  Leica 50mm F/3.5 Elmar (on the IIIc)
  Metz 54-MZ3 Flash with Leica M6TTL Module

Canon:
  EOS 3 w/PB-E2
  EOS A2E
  EOS IX