[OM] Ultimate travel camera??

Subject: [OM] Ultimate travel camera??
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:14:57 -0800
Well, been planning a vacation every weekend (the joys of unemployement, until the money runs out anyway..) Birthday gift money, been eyeing that Hasselblad XPan, and so Mom and Dad gave me Hassey money.. Now the biased question here is:: I love my OM (obviously) but what is the ultimate travel camera? I'm inclined to think the XPan might win out over my OM.
I have an
Om-1n
28mm/F2.8 Zuiko
50mm/F1.8 Zuiko
90mm/F2.5 Macro Tokina In the XPan, I will be buying something somewhat matching..
It comes with a 45mm/f4
and I will be buying a 90mm/f4
In panoramic, the 45mm = 28mm. So basically, the same perspectives as I have with my current OM system. Panoramic for scenery shots, 45mm for normal perspective, and 90mm for tight compressed shots, as well as portrait etc.. Which would you take on a trip, or does it depend on where I'm going? I'm voting Xpan right now, but I'd like to hear all your thoughts, as there are probably good OM arguements you all have that I have not thought of.. One of which is, if it gets stolen, my entire OM system is about $800, vs. the Xpan, at $2600... Also, before I get the Xpan, if there are reasons why I SHOULDN'T, then please let me know..