[OM] Another belated introduction

Subject: [OM] Another belated introduction
From: "Sean Davis" <mr_shabby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:22:15 -0700
Seeing a few other lurkers try to redeem their breach of etiquette in having not introduced themselves, i'll try to redeem myself as well :)

name's Sean; I'm a new OM owner - i finally got into photography last April when i bought an OM-2n with a 50/1.8. after learning more about the OM system and using the camera for the last 11 months, i'm quite pleased that the sales guy talked me into the Olympus. i've added a few more things to my little ol' bag o' toys: Zuiko 70-210 f/4.5-5.6, tamron 35-80 f/2.8-3.8 (primary lens), tamron 28 f/2.8, 2x teleconverter, and various filters/odds n ends. just today i shelled out for another T-32 to replace my original T-32 that crapped out on me last month. but it's good to have a flash again. the other camera that i use consistently is a Yashica 124; i'm quite fascinated with not only OM stuff, but medium format as well, and one day when i'm feeling particularly brave i'd like to build my own large format camera. i recently also picked up some ancient but hopefully reliable darkroom equipment (an old Beseler 23 enlarger with schneider lenses) so that i can print my own stuff.

as to the other stuff, i'm a paramedic moving to a new job in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. i've been in this line of work for about 5 years and am moving from a job as a flight paramedic for a smaller service. i recently (last month) got married and so will now have even LESS money for OM toys in the near future!

I've been following the list for a number of months now, and have appreciated the wealth of information i've come upon, and the tips and info that has been passed on to me when i've popped out the odd question. i confess i'll probably continue to mostly lurk as i'm an extreme newbie and have little to contribute except enthusiasm (unless you want to know about prehospital emergency medicine!)

if i can toss in a question, seeing that i've just replaced my T-32, i'm wondering what other options are out there for OM-dedicated flash equipment - off-brand stuff. i understand that some Metz flashes and perhaps other brands make Olympus-compatible equipment. can someone elaborate on this for me?

Thanks again to all on the list.

Sean Davis

p.s. i'm very lazy about capitalization and completely unapologetic about it :)