Re: [OM] Need help with tree blossom

Subject: Re: [OM] Need help with tree blossom
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:48:00 -0800
John A. Lind wrote:

John,
I agree that it's a fuschia, however Moose is correct that it's likely a shrub. Perhaps there is a "fuschia" tree species, but the only varieties I've ever seen are shrubbery. Are you certain it wasn't a shrub that has made use of a tree for support?

There are definitely fuchsia varieties that get tall enough that many people would call them trees, even if they're technically shrubs. My parents' neighbors have fuchsias that reach past their second-floor windows.

http://www.fuchsiamagic.com/fuchsias/fuchsias.htm might help identify the specific variety of fuchsia.

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/