Re: [OM] Current Survey

Subject: Re: [OM] Current Survey
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:56:17 -0500
OK, I suppose I'm one perceived to be going 'look what I have'.  Course,
it's not like it is much of a secret in my case.  I'm also not worried at
all about the 'criminals' finding out about my kit.  I don't post my
address, but it isn't impossible to find, but I just don't go through life
worrying too much.  Shoot, if I'm going to take abuse, I'd rather it be
about my OM kit, which is pretty much on topic, than my car or my house.

I actually agree with Larry, though (don't have a coronary Larry).  I really
have been enjoying seeing what everyone has.  I may have 'quantity', but
I've been overwhelmed by some of the kits in 'quality'.  Three OM-3Ti
bodiess?  180/2, 250/2 and 350/2.8?  Some pretty impressive kits out there.

More power to them!

I'm sure everyone on this list has worked very hard to be able to afford
whatever size kit we have. Some have been fortunate that their work, and
hopefully passion, has been in something particularly lucrative.  Certainly
my case.  Others have taken different paths, perhaps teachers.  I have huge
respect for them, giving back to their community and our children, but let's
face it, they're not doing it for the money.

So, I guess I come back to Barry Bean's comments about eb*y postings.  Like
it or not, they're on the list and the list owner hasn't said stop.  If you
don't like it, use your delete key.  If, like me, you enjoy the posts, read
them and enjoy.

Tom