RE: [OM] Is this a Fang?

Subject: RE: [OM] Is this a Fang?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:23:25 -0700
> 35-70/3.5-4.5 - Not quite as good optically as the f3/6, but 2/3 the
> length, half the weight and focuses closer than the f3.6.

 Having finally acquired one of these, I _like_ it. It's tiny -- mounted, it
fits in a neverready case
fine, which is pretty impressive -- the light weight is a definite bonus,
and while I've not tried the 3.6 equivalent, I've taken generic snapshots
with the 3.5-4.5 that have made me say 'ooh, that's _sharp_' which I
certainly wasn't expecting.

> A unique
> design where the f-stop stays the same throughout the zoom range when
> set to f4.5 or higher .

 This is a cool feature -- you can see the aperture mechanism moving around
as you change the zoom, presumably to keep it at the right relative
distance.

 -- dan