RE: [OM] Please post FS, WTB, eBay, and similar messages

Subject: RE: [OM] Please post FS, WTB, eBay, and similar messages
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:44:30 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, jowilcox wrote:

> >===== Original Message From "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> =====

<SNIP>

> As far as I know, this is not a moderated list. I guess Giles decided to
> moderate it just before he threw Oben off it, but I don't think it is
> moderated now. Perhaps Thomas will tell us if it is.

I'll be glad to clarify ;)

The list is open to postings from any s*bscribed member. Anyone can
s*bscribe - there's no moderation on subscriptions. This imples that spam
(from uns*bscribed addresses) never reaches the list (it reaches me,
though), but also that any (potential) Zuikoholic can join us as he/she
sees fit.

Postings go straight to the list, not through me or anyone else for
approval first. Hence, postings are not moderated either.

As for what goes on the list, I am much a fan of "rough
concensus". My assesment is, that all things Olympus goes. And I'd second
Giles' old decission that buy/sale stuff among list-members is OK.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx