Re: [OM] (OT) And we complain about OM prices.......

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) And we complain about OM prices.......
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:57:07 -0500
The Chinese Red Flag is one of the only known copies of a Leica M camera, and as such is very valued by collectors. It's not much different than anything else pursued by obsessive collectors. I for one didn't even know that such an animal existed. I'm also surprised at its cost!

The Compur shuttered, early Leica is VERY rare and the one in the picture from the Polish seller looks like it's in almost MINT condition. If it's the original finish and authentic, I'm amazed at the pristine nature of the camera. It obviously was put away with little use. This is truely a gem of a collectible. Much more interesting than the Chinese camera.

Skip