Re: [OM] Equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] Equipment
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:47:26 -0800
The one that I owned did not impress me in the least. I agree that it was too
long, I also did not care for the balance. Mine was not particularily sharp, and
did not perform as well as my 75-150. That could be the specific lens I had, I
know others have been happy with them. I found it difficult to hand hold and get
good results. It also did not work real well for tripod usage, because of the
length and lack of a tripod ring. The 'nail in the coffin' so to speak for this
lens was when I was aquired an 85-250 (thanks Tom!) two touch, better balance,
tripod ring, much wider range, and a lot sharper lens. (Of course it also cost a
lot more!) Now I will admit part of this might be that I have never really cared
for single touch zooms, but IMHO the 75-150 or 85-250 are better lenses. YMMV

Jim Couch