Re: [OM] (OT) And we complain about OM prices.......

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) And we complain about OM prices.......
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:44:55 EST
Yes, John has it right. Many, and I do mean many- companies in several
countries made copies. Some did it fully knowing they were ripping off Leitz,
but many also believed the patents were automatically lost after Germany was
defeated in WWII. These _used to be_ available at a fraction of the cost of
the genuine article, and many were not badly made, but it now seems they've
taken on a mystical value of their own. I guess the world has gone nuts with
the need to collect old things. Just look at the $327 Brownie camera we saw
yesterday on EBay.

George S.