Offlist - Re: [OM] Desert adventures

Subject: Offlist - Re: [OM] Desert adventures
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:44:07 -0600
Hi Chris,

I like your optimistic outlook.  I also plan to try Warren Kato's
suggestions to correct the images via Photoshop.  We are told that there are
images on the film.  The White Sands lab is attempting to recover by
printing them on the film that they use to make reversal copies of motion
picture negatives.  I'll have the film on Tuesday.  Scott's Xpan panoramic
negatives are ok and may be pretty interesting as there is a lovely mountain
range background at the site we shot from.

Our next shot is in three weeks and it is the last CONUS  mission of the
Operational Test series - in other words, my last chance to see one in
person for a year or so.  I talked my boss into letting me substitute our
chief engineer at my mission position so that I can go out to the launch
site.  (I was unable to figure out a legitimate reason to assign myself to
the Kwajalein shots.)

Tom Scales is again loaning me a second 24/2.8 (silver-nosed!) and I'll be
outside with two cameras for that launch - High Speed Infrared and Provia
100F.  We have a plan to ensure that the Range lab does not find a new way
to ruin our film.

I'm also waiting for the slides from Baja California to return from the lab.
I got shots of humpback whales and manta rays - but the boat was not a
steady platform.  We'll see if they are sharp.

Regards,
Gary