Re: [OM] Price for a Tamron 35-80/2.8~3.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] Price for a Tamron 35-80/2.8~3.8?
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:11:41 EST
Chris,

I like this lens so much that I have two of them. One lives at my office on
an OM-2S for medical photography and the other stays at home. This was my
main "walking around" lens for many years. More recently, I seem to be
mounting the Zuiko 35-105 or Tokina ATX 28-85, depending on which end of the
zoom range I want more of. Herbert Keppler did a rave review of the Tamron in
MP back when the lens was current, comparing its macro performance favorably
with the Micro-Nikkor lenses. The Adaptall 2 35-80/2.8-3.8 SP (01A) is the
last version of this lens; I've seen one or more earlier versions that can be
distinguished by a different texture on the grip rings, and they may be
2.8-3.5 (don't hold me to that). If my memory serves me correctly, they
typically go for anywhere from $75-150 USD on eBay; they're rather common
there. I'd advise you to get it if you feel comfortable with the condition
and final price you arrive at with the seller.

Don't forget that you'll want the "good" mount ("Japan" "OL") if you're going
to use it with an OM body with the lens sensor pin (OM-4, etc.).

HTH,
Greg