Re: [OM] Re: Camera Shake at high shutter speeds

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Camera Shake at high shutter speeds
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:05:36 -0800
Well I seem to have caused an interesting thread to develop.  I enjoy the
thought that goes into some of the responses and it is always a learning
experience.

As regards the above article, I found it very interesting - but, the
reference to sharpness improvement pitting the OM-1 against the 4ti is
confusing.  Was mirror and aperture pre-fire used on the 4ti?  Is the OM-1
with simple mirror lockup superior to the 4ti with both mirror and aperture
prefire?

A difficulty I see with the OM-1 and mirror lockup has nothing to do with
vibration, per se.  In order to turn the rather small knob to move the
mirror to it's lockup position, I run the risk of slightly changing the
orientation of the OM-1 framing relative to the scene.  With the 4ti the
sequence may be set in motion by pressing the shutter release or using a
cable release.  Seems a better way to go to me.

Dave Dougherty