Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes/TOPE

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes/TOPE
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:35:31 -0800
Agreed, an interesting thread.

Another thing I've noticed is that the presentation format (about 5x7" on my screen) is a problem for some kinds of landscapes, just as 4x6 prints are. Some 'wide angle' landscapes just don't look good in such a small format. Everything in an 18 or 21mm shot of a "common picture of a rolling fields with a big ole mountain in the background" with maybe a BIG sky full of clouds just looks puny in a small size. I'm not complaining, I think it provides an interesting challenge that livens up the subject. I'm thinking through the idea of a 'small landscape'. It's a potentially interesting idea for big city dwellers too.

Moose

Conrad Vogel wrote:

What a great thread - much better than discussing SUV's.... ;)

I think that this TOPE's intentions of a "landscape" cover just about every kind of 'scape discussed thus far. It's getting a bit crazy to assume that the only "correct" TOPE entry is a "common picture of a rolling fields with a big ole mountain in the background"..... Photos mean different things to different people - that's what's so great about the lack of clearly defined guidlines for the TOPE.