RE: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes

Subject: RE: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:27:20 -0600 (CST)
On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:41:43 -0500, Henry Bottjer-BA wrote:

>BTW, is it against the rules to submit an old picture to TOPE?

Yes. When we started putting TOPES and ADITLs together, we put time
limits on the shots so that it wouldn't turn into a "here's the best
X shot I ever took" contest. Personally, I view my participation as a
class, with each exhibit the assignment. Forcing myself to take a
certain type of picture in a given time frame is a good way to get
out of a rut and kick start your compositional skills.

 This time of
>year makes it tough to find something interesting in this part of the
>country (spring is great, fall is fantastic, but just leaving winter?
>Forget it!)

People get too hung up on traditional beauty. I think the
photographer's job is to find the beauty and visual interest in any
given location.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co