Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:31:05 -0800

One thing I'm sure of - a 'scape of any sort must be focussed at
infinity.  Anyone agree?

I most definitely disagree. I was just thinking last night when someone posted about taking a shot from the Berkeley Hills whether or not it might be fun to do a sort of macro of the land with the greater Bay Area below and off in the distance in soft focus.

You're entitled to your opinion as to what constitutes this or that when it comes to categorizing these things, but as with all artistic endeavor I believe you'd be further ahead in the long run if you opened up your mind to all of the possibilities. Rules might clarify but they just as often inhibit.

Tris