Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:24:14 +0800
Just simply back out the brand name and the customs will be unable to
recognize? There are lots of practical reasons behind blacken out
letters, such as not so attractive during night shooting (e.g. for the
press photographer). But this is the first time I heard about customs
issue, may be you are right.

For your question of why the 50/1.8 is not blacked out I think you
also have to ask yourself. Is there no customs issue for 50/1.8? I
would say may be he didn't use it for copy work or he just never use
it since it came with the camera set purchased.

C.H.Ling