Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?
From: Ed Senior <newshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:36:47 -0500
C.H.,

I guess I was a little unclear. It's not that you'd black out the nameplate to fool the Customs agents... they make you black it out (deface it, actually) to protect the U.S. trademark holder from having the market flooded with cameras that weren't imported by them. Of course now, with the prevalence of "gray market" cameras and equipment, the argument is moot. I guess the Customs laws have relaxed a lot since my Navy days!

Ed Senior

C.H.Ling wrote:

Just simply back out the brand name and the customs will be unable to
recognize?