[OM] Re: Adding flames to the TOPE fire....

Subject: [OM] Re: Adding flames to the TOPE fire....
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:14:00 -0800
Hi Gang,
Well, it has been very interesting to read the thread about just what is and what is not a landscape. Here's some more fuel to add to the fire

I've got a slide photograph taken yesterday with the OM-1 that I can enter in the TOPE. I'm going to have it scanned tomorrow so I can enter it if I decide to. But, I also have a photograph taken just a week or so ago taken with my digital Olympus C4040Z, that I'm also fond of. Given that I'm left-handed and like to fly in the face of convention, and given that we've had such and interesting discussion about landscapes, how do you Zuiks and Zuikettes feel about entering a picture for the TOPE taken with a digital Olympus? This *is* the *Olympus* mailing list and the TOPE rules say nothing about the photo having to be taken with OM equipment, just Olympus equipment.

The question here isn't whether I should or should not enter a photograph taken with a digital camera in the current Landscape TOPE, but the idea of the general acceptability for digital camera photos to be entered in TOPES? Your feedback will help me decide which photo to enter....that should pique your curiosity!

So, whadda y'all think? Fire away (Stephen ducking and covering....and yes, I am doing this in the hopes of stimlulating further discussion)

-Stephen Scharf

--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!