Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes/TOPE

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes/TOPE
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:42:29 -0800
At 07:20 PM 3/25/02 -0800, Winsor C who NEVER trims his posts  wrote:

>I don't think it is an argument. It is a simple, thought provoking
>discussion. And no one has tried to impress their judgment on anyone
>else. Who is unhappy?
>--
Guess I qualify. This thread is only slightly less painful than the
experiences with Oben. Reminds me of the endless discussions at "arty"
camera clubs.

In the same vein it is time for me to leave. Guess near thirty years of
taking pictures has all been a waste.
        1) I can't meet anyone's definition of a landscape
        2) My magazine photo editors and portrait clients are all idiots cause
they should know I shoot in vibrating airplanes with long lenses ( 200mm)
and routinely handhold at 1/125th and even 1/60th -- those pictures can't
be sharp. Nor can the portraits shot handheld with 100/2.8 SC and useless
75-150/4 zooms at 1/60th and routinely blown to 11 X 14 and even <gasp> 16X20
        3) the bulk of my lenses are crappy old silver nose SCs including the
useless 28/3.5 that has earned me countless dollars - I really should be
using those F2 babies.
        4)I just put on a month long photo display that over 2000 people have
complimented us on despite using crappy old Max 400 print film and a
useless one hour lab.

Obviously I am out of my league with you guys.

Barry H