Re: [OM] Re: Tripod advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Tripod advice needed
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:08:05 -0500
Actually, I don't really need/want/care about light weight tripods. I have a couple of those now for hiking/backpacking etc. Theyre SLIK's that were made for the Black's Photography chain & are fine for casual shooting outdoors, etc... but they begin to lose all advantage once a heavy lens is mounted because they are too light to dampen any vibrations. What I need will have to be rigid, versatile, and relatively heavy. I want to be able to do impeccable macro and telephoto shots without worrying that wind will move it outdoors, or that stepping on carpeting will shake it indoors.

If the Bogen 3021 or 3011 can accomplish this, then I am sold! The head is less important to me, because I've got an itch to try one of those joystick mounts anyway.