Re: [OM] Whirring sound of death & other IS questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Whirring sound of death & other IS questions
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:52:41 -0600
There are several possibilities -- stripped gears, usually in conjunction with
barrel
damage, and/or loose screws in the barrels, and/or damage to the encoder (a
circuit that
tells the CPU where the zoom is).  Assuming one or more of these parts will
have to be
rebuilt or replaced (many parts are NLA from Oly), I would guess a repair
charge would
run about $160US, give or take.