Re: [OM] OT: Lenses for Travel - My Experiences

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Lenses for Travel - My Experiences
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:24:21 +1100
On Tuesday, March 26, 2002 4:39 PM, Matt Crawley said:

> One other thing. I used a Tamrac 709 Convertible bag and liked it VERY
much.
> It is a shoulder bag/waist pack and it worked VERY well using both the
> shoulder strap AND waistbelt at the same time.
>
> Normally shoulder bags slide around too much and give me serious pain when
> loaded and waist packs have a tendency to slide down/off my waist when
they
> are loaded. Using both took the weight off my shoulders and made the bag
> very stable even when fully loaded and when I unclipped the waist belt I
> could swing it around to the front and get at my gear very easily. IMO
> nearly as stable as a backpack for short hauls and MUCH easier to get
into.

I bought a LowePro 'Orion' which has the same configuration and found it
very useful for a month's trip to the US last year. It is smaller than the
last bag I had but still managed to carry my Epic, OM-2, Mamiya 35mm, plus
five lenses including a lengthy Zuiko 100-200 zoom. I agree with Matt that
these types of bags are far more useful than the older shoulder types.

Regards,
John.