Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:22:41 -0500
At 21:46 3/26/02, Mark Dapoz wrote:

I've found that white Testors model paint is a good match for the factory paint. If you're careful and deposit a small amount of paint at a time, you won't need to "wipe" anything. I use a needle to carefully apply the paint one drop at a time. Capillary action draws the paint up the sides and makes a perfect edge. Usually 2-3 drops of paint per letter is sufficient. The results tend to look better after you've done a few dozen times :-)
                                -mark

Thanks . . . I had been wondering if a straight-pin or needle would work with paint. A toothpick seemed much too big.

-- John