Re: [OM] Re: Small Zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Small Zooms
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:23:46 -0500
Ok, well what are the typical pricing differences between the 35-70/3.6 and the 35-70/3.5-4.5? I already am familiar with the astronomical price of the 35-70/2.8... for that money I could get a nice 300/2.8... lol

Until now I've been relying on a crappy off-brand 28-80 that I just traded (with a 101pf) for a BG2. Mostly, I've relied on a series of primes for small focal distances. Generally a 28, a 50, and 135mm are in the camera bag. At the larger end, my camera bag usually ends up with the 75-150/4 and an "emergency teleconverter" due to its light weight and the lack of frequency with which I use long telephotos.

For even lighter weight trips where lens-change time is critical, I'd like to pick up a low-range zuiko zoom... most likely one of the 2 lenses above, since the 35-105 seems difficult to track down and the costs of the 35-70/2.8 are a bit prohibitive for a lens that will not be used as regulary as a $2000 lens ought to be.