Re: [OM] lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] lens caps
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:46:17 -0800
> Kierstin wrote:
>
> can someone tell me where I could get a lens cap for my lens,it came
> without one.  I also saw something that said that when you remove lens
> to put another on, that you should have a cap that covers the back end
> too, is this right?

Lens caps can be bought at any high street photo outlet such as Dixons
and in the camera department of most if not all high street drug stores
such as Boots. Take the camera and lens with you because the size of the
cap depends upon the diameter of the lens. Many Zuiko lenses take a 49mm
front lens cap.

The cap for the back of the lens is called a "back cap" and should be
screwed into place whenever the lens is removed from the camera body. If
you do not mount a lens into the camera body screw a "body cap" into the
lens opening.

jh