Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:11:45 -0000
My advice would be different - I'd take your camera to the shop, put the
lens on and have a look through.  Unless things look obviously bad through
the viewfinder (soft image, hard to focus, anything like that) it'll
probably be worth buying the lens.  Zuiko lenses are a bit thin on the
ground and usually very expensive in the UK, so I'd give this one a go.

Thanks for your comments about my webpages, by the way.  You asked how long
it took me to get to the stage I'm at - well, I bought my OM-1 on July 12th
1997, and it's been a continuous learning experience ever since then.  Took
a couple of years to work out what all the numbers and switches meant -
didn't have a manual!  After that progress was a bit quicker but I'm still
learning lots all the time.

Cheers,
Roger