Re: [OM] which wide angle to get??

Subject: Re: [OM] which wide angle to get??
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:43:21 -0800
I am a semi-lurker but occasionally I have a question that cannot be easily
answered...like this one.

Which is the best lens to fill the gap between 21mm and 35mm? I have both of these
but  its a loooong way between 21 and 35(which is my Normal lens).

So what is it..the 24 or the 28. F/2 of course.

Rick
(sorry if this is a repeat- I had it bounce back earlier)

From previous responses to this question on the list many people split on the series going to wide angle. 50, 35, 24, 18 or 50, 28, 21. I like you have one from each logical series: 50, 35, 24, 21. Since getting the 24 I don't use the 21 that much because it is slower, so close in angle to the 24, and I use it more as a special purpose lens. The 28/2 is one of the OM best stellar performers, while the 24/2 has been criticized for dark corners when wide open. Either one you get will probably result in your not using one of the lenses you have already as much because they are so close in coverage.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California