Re: [OM] Calibrating an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Calibrating an OM2n
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:17:04 -0600

T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Just two follow-up questions, if I may.....how big a difference,
> mechanically, is there between the OM2 and the OM2n?

In the shutter, not a whole lot, except the "n" has an additional lever that
couples to the mode switch so that when you move it to the "check/reset"
position, it works a crank that mechanically disengages the lock-up arm,
releasing the armature and allowing the shutter to fire after the camera has
locked-up.  Most of the improvement was in the circuitry and switches (much
more reliable, fewer lock-ups, etc.).

> Also, how much is the
> mechanical difference between the OM2(n) and OM2s(/p)?

They are completely different beasts, but you can tell that they are close
relatives.  The 2s has a modular shutter, where the 2/2n shutters are built
into the body casting, part by part, for example.

> Of course, this lends itself to the question if an electronically dead
> OM2s(/p) could be retrofitted to become functioning as an OM2....

Nope!