Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)
From: "Daryl Hurley" <dhurley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:02:00 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Motor Sport Visions Photography"
> My suggestion would be a Tamron SP 60-300. ...............
> For someone just starting out this is a wiser way to spend lens money

Catching up and replying late, as usual.   I would certainly second this
suggestion.  I have used a Tamron 60-300 for a number of years now, (don't
have to say how many do I?) and although I have accumulated a decent stable
of Zuikos over the years, I still use the Tamron when traveling with the
family to avoid the need to stop and switch lenses all the time, or when I'm
getting that "Are you bringing a camera along again" look and then I just
say "sure, but I'm only taking two lenses."  Usually works.  It is an
excellent "zoo" lens and whille not a true macro, it gets close enough.  If
you can find a good example of this lens I don't see how you can go wrong in
the long run.  (My other zoom is a Soligor 24-45)

Daryl Hurley
Topeka, KS