Re: [OM] To Zoom or Not to Zoom long ramble

Subject: Re: [OM] To Zoom or Not to Zoom long ramble
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:21:40 +1100 (EST)
Hello all,

snip

----------

The 50/3.5 is so sharp you would not want to use it on anyone who has any lines
or
wrinkles.  The zooms that most of us can afford are relatively slow and
so we have to shoot in bright light or use flash.  But macro photos of
flowers, etc. are beautiful with the 50/3.5 and a zoom is indespensible for
situations where the subject is moving about and you, the photographer
cannot readily do so.

Dave D.

-------------

I totally agree. The shots I have taken with this lens have been primal to any
of the others I have used in my collection (28 2.8 / 50 1.8 / 50 1.4 / 70 - 150
4 / 135 2.8 / 300 4.5). The colours are also brilliant and the true quality of
this lens is brought to light by quality slide film. Ive had one shot of dead
fish blown up to A4 size (21.0 cm by 29.7cm) on Velvia and the sharpness
suprised me. I was given confidence in this lens when the processor from the
lab asked me what gear I was using (Churchill Colour Laboratory, Perth, W.A.) -
and my feeling was that he wasnt suprised.

Get one if you can! Now I want the 90 f2! Thats a sexy piece of gl.......ass.

Damo