Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes, OT

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes, OT
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 01:44:11 -0500
There's live and then there's LIVE.  Typically, the audiophile's LIVE
reference is not a rock concert with the sound going through board and a
"house" pa.  It's about an orchestra in a great hall, or an unamplified jazz
combo in a great room.  The Cowboy Junkies' recorded 2 albums that were
(almost) just a single mic listening to everyone plugged into their own amp.
Not a house pa and two hundred yards of cable. Compare "The Trinity Session"
with the recent Springsteen "live in NYC" album. While I generally like
Springsteen's  performance, the mushy, house pa sound is *really
disappointing compared to his own boxed set of live recordings.

Lama