Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 06:43:29 -0500
Not necessarily.  It depends on what you're looking for. I own both lenses
and actually use the f/5 a lot more.  It is smaller and lighter and uses
49mm filters.  The f/4 is a little bigger and takes 55mm filters.  Since I
use the 200 outdoors in, usually, bright circumstances, the trade-off is
fine for me.  The results, to my eye, are equal.

I have the same feelings about the 21/2 and 21/3.5.  I love both lenses for
different reasons.  The 21/2 results just jump out of the print.  The 21/3.5
is very close in results, but is also so much smaller and lighter.  In this
case, I use the 21/2 more, because this is my favorite focal length.

Tough call.  Honestly, go with whichever one you see first, that's in good
shape and cheap.

Tom