[OM] Recording Data ( A little off topic)

Subject: [OM] Recording Data ( A little off topic)
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 00:15:16 -0500
Hello all,
 I went out yesterday to do some testing of my OM4 to make sure it
worked as expected. As it was a checkout of the system, I made sure to
record all pertinent information on a notepad-what a pain. One of the
lenses I was using was my 50/3.5 macro, and as I was recording the info
, the little phosphorescent blue bug eating lichen that had been the
subject decided to scram before I could get any more shots of him. It
made me long all the more for a miniature recorder to use. In my large
format work, I work so slow that taking a little more time to write
things down is a non issue, but I burned 24 shots in 2 ea. 15 minutes
bursts yesterday, and it got very hectic. In a recent post someone
mentioned using a Pearlcorder. Does any one use any other brand of
recorder. What about the digital recorders? And what kind of mic do you
use?
 I listed this as off topic, but believe more than just I could learn
from this photography related subject. I started taking notes with my
1st camera, and have almost always continued to do so. I always list the
camera,lens,film,frame number,shutter speed, aperture, and lighting
conditions. If my slides or negatives are not as I think they should be,
I have some place to start looking, and I can learn.
Regards,
John