Re: [OM] differences in f stops

Subject: Re: [OM] differences in f stops
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 07:09:39 EST
I do know that manufacturers are 'allowed' to be off by 10 0n their claims
for both f stop and zoom range. I notice that they always seem to be off in
the optimistic direction. You can see this by reading the fine print in
published lens tests. I never gave it much thought if this was allowed as a
'normal' difference in manufacturing, or what. I can't see it as that; could
you imagine a lens that was 'allowed' to be100ff in focusing?!

George S.