[OM] bargain bin

Subject: [OM] bargain bin
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 04:01:17 -0500
Was at big Georges home appliance mart saturday (they have a pretty good camera section. and was looking at thier clearance table and on it was a box labeled "any item $5.00...upon glancing into the box, I saw it was full of lenses! upon closer inspection I saw that there were a few OM mount lenses. There were two in very good condition, a vivitar 135/2.8 and a 28/2.5. Since I already own a zuiko 135/2.8, I ignored it and went strait for the 28/2.5 which had a tiffin polarizer on the front. The glass is spotless, overall, it is in nearly new condition. Excitedly, I held up said lens and asked the guy behind the counter, is this really 5 bucks as the box says or 40 as the sticker says. He happily informed me that it was 5. My dad who happened to be with me picking up chemicals said "the filter is worth that" to which the salesman replied... "well then!..." anyway, I know absolutely nothing about the vivitar 28mm f2.5 lens, and it seems it is not nearly as popular as their 28/2.8. but I couldnt pass it up for 5 bucks.

Anyone used this lens? what do you think? I havent had a chance to test it out, and will not this week most likely.

Charles

PS: wishin that box was full-O-Zuikos...gonna go back today and grab the 135 anyway. bound to get me something on ebay.