[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3266

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3266
From: "support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mp3support@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:53:00 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "olympus-digest" <owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 10:52 AM
Subject: olympus-digest V2 #3266

> Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 12:18:33 +0000
> From: wavegirl <wavegirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Adapral And OM-4t
>
> Speaking of Tamron, some of their lenses are looking pretty good these
days.
> I used to be a proponent of only buying Zuiko lenses for my Oly, but have
> been looking hard at some of the Tamron stuff for when I next have a bit
of
> money. Anybody have any experience with/comments about them, especially
> compared to proper Zuiko kit?
>
> ------------------------------

Everything I but is used it seems!

I bought a used Tamron 90mm f2.5 macro with a 1:1 extension tube about a
year ago. This is the older first version with a 49mm filter size. The lens
focuses down to 1:2 without the extension tube. The tube can be hard to find
sometimes. The lens is very well built mechanically and quite excellent
optically. The sample I bought had a couple of dings the focusing barrel but
otherwise not too bad. Actually, this particular model of  Tamron lens has
quite a good reputation and I can recommend it without hesitation.

Jim Mueller
Tech Support