[OM] cost of Om-1n when new?

Subject: [OM] cost of Om-1n when new?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 10:06:14 -0800
In a message dated 3/30/2002 Mike Spadafora asks:

<< I am just wondering if anyone ever bought a new OM-1n when they came
out?  If so, how much were they
worth back then? >>

I was pretty young and it was grandma who bought it for me, but, my OM-1
is pre-N (S/N 2xx,xxx range) and I recall we got it from a place called
Best Products (department store type place) and IIRC it was around
$235.00 with 50/1.8 and soft never-ready case.

More recently, and the last time I bought a new OM body, was in 1986
when I bought an OM-2S body and it was $200.00.

Of course $235.00 was a whole lot of $$$ back in the early 1970s.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com