Re: [OM] Recording Data ( A little off topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Recording Data ( A little off topic)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:37:33 -0700
At 06:06 PM 01/04/2002 -0800, Mike M. wrote:

>"John A. Lind" wrote:
>>
>> At 15:01 4/1/02, you wrote:
>> >I've never tried voice recognition or digital recorders. I know of no reason
>> >why digital would not work just fine. /jim
>>
>> If it's a digital, how much it can hold in recording will be important.
>
><snip>
>
>I've got an Olympus VN-90 Digital voice recorder. It stores 30 minutes
>in SP Mode or 90 minutes in LP mode. Does auto date and time stamp and
>does numbered memo recording. I usually match frame number to memo
>number for fast reference. Fits nicely in a shirt pocket. Cost about $40
>at Costco. Works great for me.

I do a similar trick with a Sony IC Recorder (ICD-BP100).  Gives several hours
in LP, over an hour in SP, and can record approximately 300
sequentially-numbered messages, or break 'em into three folders (say, one
folder for each roll of film, if you're not shooting more than three).  Works
well.  But there's no reason (other than fumbling with a pencil/pen and paper)
why taking old-fashioned notes on a pad can't do just as well -- I'm just too
lazy to scribble while I'm taking shots.  ;-)

Garth