Re: [OM] OT - print film types - reala, recomendations

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - print film types - reala, recomendations
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:54:55 -0500
At 11:16 AM 4/2/2002 +0800, C.H.Ling wrote:
>Here the Reala is different from the Superia 100, the latter one is
>the cheapest Fuji 100 print film for normal consumer. Reala is claimed
>to be a professional film, many people use it for portrait and
>wedding.

I guess my confusion is the fujifilm site, which has Reala listed under
consumer films (along with Superia 100) while under professional films
it lists Superia 100 ProPack but not Reala. I was trying to find the
finest grain print film for scanning. I have used a lot of Reala, but
occasionally have difficulty scanning it with LS 2000. One site
mentions difficulty scanning Reala with digital ICE on, so that may be
part of the problem (besides getting the color right). Perhaps the 4th
layer affects the IR channel?

Wayne