Re: [OM] OT - print film types - reala, recomendations

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - print film types - reala, recomendations
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:37:45 -0500
At 22:16 4/1/02, you wrote:
Here the Reala is different from the Superia 100, the latter one is
the cheapest Fuji 100 print film for normal consumer. Reala is claimed
to be a professional film, many people use it for portrait and
wedding.

C.H.Ling

There's apparently some confusion about Superia 100 depending on where someone is (globally), how Fuji is marketing it, and how they update various regional sites.

"Superia 100" . . .
An older 3-layer emulsion film and I believe the one C.H. Ling is writing about.

"New Superia 100" . . .
Has the same two letter designation as Superia 100, but a different data sheet, and has a 4-layer emulsion derived from Reala.

On Fuji's U.S. site, it's apparent the description of Superia 100 under consumer films *is* the "New" 4-layer Superia, but the data sheet is for the 3-layer film it replaced. Although Reala is listed, also under consumer films, its data sheet is inaccessible. I finally located it on the U.K. site.

IMHO, the "Support" area of Fuji's U.S. site is disorganized!!

-- John