[OM] The 37th Frame - Zuiko 35/2 Review

Subject: [OM] The 37th Frame - Zuiko 35/2 Review
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:36:31 +1200
Hi Skip and fellow Zuiks,

I've never owned this lens although I recently had the chance to get  a mint
one for $400NZ ($US166). But I often think about it and one comment that
sticks in my mind that one or two listees repeat is that Pop Photography
apparently said it was perhaps the least flare-prone lens they had ever tested.

So who's telling the truth here?

> I just got my copy of the subjective, no-advertising, personal newsletter of
> Mike Johnston yesterday (former editor of Photo Techniqes, 25 best cameras,
> etc.).  You really should read this newsletter if you haven't already.
> Definately worth the $18/yr for 4 issues at www.37thframe.com.

> As for the Zuiko, here's a summary:
>
> - - Flare-prone, the hood doesn't help much
> - - Problems at small apertures
> - - Sharp at most apertures
> - - Nice tonal reproduction and contrast
> - - Overall, better at middle apertures
 Brian